Thursday, March 29, 2007

Serendipity-doo-dah

So I have been reading about grace. Grace in the sense of "the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them." The book I just finished, The Road Less Traveled, not only covers the concept of grace, resistance to it, accepting/allowing it but whole bunch of other interesting topics.

I found quite a few things were interesting but currently I am most interested in the concept of grace and what the author had to say about it. It makes sense to me that grace can be different for everyone, some accept it with ease others can fight it for years but to have it isn't easy. Reading the words that it isn't easy was very encouraging. That may sound odd but it is the truth.

Anyway, between reading the above mentioned book, discussing the concept of providence on Tuesday and try to process everything, my brain is whirring. I will next be reading Conversations with God and I experienced a little providence regarding the book while having lunch today. I learned that a friend of mine is on chapter one so we are gonna have a mini book group. :) It will be great to have someone to discuss it with while reading it but also it will help me read it in a timely fashion. :)

Whether you are a believer or not, you should consider reading The Road Less Traveled as it is very interesting. Only a few chapters are about grace etc. A lot of it is about love, neurosis, psychotherapy, poodles, etc. Okay, I may have made one of those up.

1 comment:

Joni McClain said...

Grace rules.

Really.

Hey there!

Hi.