Monday, March 12, 2007

I have been a bit busy :)

The weekend was a rather good one! I got some chores done and had some fun. Saturday I got up and went over to Cafe Java and after eating I headed down town. I stopped into Waterloo Records in the hopes that there would be some free music as SXSW is about to start up. There were two discs and they were mostly blah. I then went over to Whole Foods and grabbed some water as it is starting to warm up here. They were barbecuing in front of Whole Foods and it looked good but I was still full from breakfast. So I went across the street to REI. There is a messenger bag that I want to buy and the North location didn't have it so I thought maybe the downtown one might. I was wrong. :(

My disappointment over the bag was soon forgotten when I discovered that I had stumbled upon that location's Garage sale. It is a sale on their clearance, returns, things used in photo shoots etc. I need to see if they have a mailing list specific to their stores as I would have liked to been at the store earlier. Regardless of the fact that I didn't mosey on in until the early afternoon, I scored on some deals. I walked out of there with three nice sweaters, a pair of shoes, and a jacket for my buddy Jackson, for all under $36. The jacket was originally $50, the shoes $60.


I may have had to remove Maevis from the jacket and thoroughly lint roll it. Click on her picture to get a better view. :) I made sure Jackson's daddy knew about the role-a-thon so that they would wash it. Which I am sure they would have done anyway but Jackson's mom is allergic to cats so best to wash it sooner than later.

Anyway, it made for an awesome afternoon. I went home and did somethings about the house and while I lounged on the couch my friend Stacy called to see what I was up to. I thought well cool, maybe she wants to go to the movies. She was calling to see if I wanted to play indoor soccer. I told her of my plans to do nothing but read and get some gelato. I asked if she had chocolate, and she happened to have a big bar of dark chocolate.
I decided to go as there just seemed to be something wrong with the fact that I was putting off fun exercise with really nice people, due to the gelato and laziness factor. I went and played and although I thought I was gonna hurl, I had so much fun! So tomorrow night I will be playing with Stacy's team again. :)

Sunday I went to my friends' house and had glorious raclette with their family. I managed to pick up some gelato on the way over as I figured I had earned it. :) Raclette is awesome!

I had lunch with Sarah today and we met at Sports Authority where we each got new soccer balls. It was cool to be able to meet for lunch. She is on spring break so that worked out well.

Working from home today was good as I opened up the doors and aired the house out. I was a beautiful day. The sky looked amazing after last nights hard rain.

So all in all it was a great weekend and the week has started off rather nicely!

~Elaine

No comments: