Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lots of protesting in the Funk household...

Maevis is protesting her diet. She feels oppressed and has found the best way to symbolically get her point across is by electing to spend time in the "cage." I commend her non violent tactics as that isn't usually the case. For example, she was miffed that I was leaving the house and swatted my leg as I headed to soccer. I found it humorous that my shin guard saved me from her stabby claws.

Poor Simon fought like the dickens not to go in the carrier as he had to go to the vet on Friday. I have been spending time in the yard, as previously mentioned, pulling weeds. Simon has been out there with me and has in turn been having his own allergy issues. I noticed the other day while we were in the yard that his back leg was missing hair. Upon further inspection there was also a patch missing from his belly. So Friday I left work early and we ventured off to the vet. It was a loooooong wait and we were there over two and a half hours. Apparently many, many pets were being tested due to the food contamination. Essentially something is irritating Simon to the point where he is licking off his hair. So of course the solution would have to be bathing him. Lovely. Anyway I bathed him last night and I should have bathed him tonight but I will attempt to do so tomorrow. He is such a sweet cat. Click his majestic pic.

I am pretty happy about the fact that a handy man is coming over to fix my ceiling. I have saved a little money and it is about to go bye bye for a good cause. Or I can just let the hole continue and I will have a natural skylight to the attic.

I am starting to feel better. Days fluctuate and some days I have a strong pull towards wondering what is going on in a life that is no longer part of mine. As of late I have been thinking of M more than I had been but in a new/different way. I think I am just processing. Since this is a public-ish blog I won't go into detail as it isn't just my personal life.

Regardless, I am getting to a better place than I have been in a very long time. I am doing things I had put off or wasn't motivated to do and it feels good to get things accomplished. I am also trying to work on my future, suggestions would be nice. Or should that say nice suggestions only? :)

Anyway, next week I am having dinner with a friend of mine who I only get to see once in a while and I am really looking forward to our visit. She is a kind and funny person who I really respect and so it will be fun to catch up and wax philosophic. I know the phrase is poetic but we are more on the plane of discussing life and its many crazy facets.

As for poetry I haven't written poetry in a long time. I do have a friend that is great with lyrics about his son and cats if anyone needs entertaining. Speaking of poetry...I found a poem I wrote when I was in college earlier this evening when looking for an address. Please feel free to leave a cheese factor rating as most everyone seems to be hesitant to leave a comment.
Ehem...

Silent wonder
indisposed
I am reaching
down
to set
it
free
it rattles
within
my heart
this
silent wonder
you've ignited
within
no longer
indisposed
I wrote that in my Drugs and Society class. That was an interesting class with a very odd teacher. I remember the first day of class while going over the syllabus the teacher asked us not to send her any sample discoveries while on our travels. Apparently previous students would send her drugs, the latest was from India. :) I remember writing a paper on Opium/Laudanum for that class. I had watched Tombstone.
This seems to be one of my more random posts. So, post a comment, send an email or remain under the radar, whatever ye like.
May you have pleasant dreams, joyous days, and all the poetry you can handle. I am sleepy and off to bed.
~EF
If anyone knows of a blog that will let you play music, let me know cause that would rock! I could torture with word, pictures AND sound!

No comments: