Thursday, March 8, 2007

Blogalicious

B to the L to the og a licious. Don't mind me, I am just entertaining myself. I have spent a chunk of time this evening looking at different blog templates and sites on how to improve one's blog. So maybe this weekend I will make some changes. I am surprised at how few templates there are for Blogger but maybe that has to do with the fact that this is a newer version of Blogger.

Tomorrow a new shopping area opens up near my work and I plan on going over and checking some things out as they have a lot of festivities planned for the next couple of days. There will be a lot of drawings and the one of interest to me is the Vespa. I do not know what I would do if I actually won it. I guess I could ride it to get gelato as that isn't too far away from where I live. I couldn't ride it to work as it would be too dangerous and take too long. Even if I could go 65 MPH on a scooter, I don't think I would.

I feel like I am forgetting something, like I have plans for this weekend but I have blocked them out. David called me today to invite me to nosh with his family on Sunday, which is always fun so I said yes. What am I forgetting????

I am vacillating as to whether I should go see the movie Zodiac or not, I am worried that it will be too graphic. I like mystery, not shock value or evil, as I am very visual and it disturbs me.

SXSW is starting up and I am going to try to catch a movie and maybe some music. I plan to go to Waterloo and catch some of the free in stores.

I have a story to share. My dad told me a story that was rather odd and humorous all rolled into one. It was odd as I wouldn't have imagined him doing what he said he did. The story goes that when he was a freshman in high school there was an upper class men who would harass him. He would take my father's pencil and at times break it. Well, my father has the nature in which it takes a lot to anger him. I think it may have been more frustration but one day my dad decided to pee on the pencil and then put it behind his ear. That is kind of nasty but he was driven to action. Low and behold, the upper class men not only took the pencil but he also put it in between his teeth and bit in half.
Not the after school special you expected, but special all the same.

I have another story about a high school band recital, wire, and a light socket. However, that will be for another time.