Sunday, April 15, 2007

Walking and such...

Elizabeth is doing very well and is at home. I will have to ask Amy, but I would like to post a picture of her so you can see what a cutie she is. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers.

So. I hit up a lot of you for a donation and thanks so much to those of you who could help out. I did the SafePlace walk yesterday morning and with help from my friends, Team Funk collected $300. Team Funk consisted of me and I almost went to the team photo booth so that I could have my picture taken with the sign but I was running out of time and so I improvised my self portrait.

When doing walks you must remember to do your stretches. Now the fine folks at the walk usually have some group affiliated with exercise lead the walkers in stretches before the walk. What I found to be a much more intensive warm up is trying to use the port-a-potty without touching anything. Just the thought of touching anything makes the impossible, well, possible. You contort your body in ways that God didn't really intend. So, that's how I warmed up.
On a side note, I kid you not, while in there trying not to laugh, or fall, I kept hearing "Hi, how are you." I couldn't tell if it was a recording to freak people out in the port-a or if there was a crazy person out side chanting their hellos. Upon exiting the porta de potty I looked around and then decided to ignore the whole experience.

So, one thing I really enjoy about the walk, besides how efficiently it is run, is that there are all kinds of dogs!! I cannot wait to take some of my younger friends on this walk as they will be in heaven. Lots and lots of friendly dogs of all sizes.







The weather was the nicest it has been for the SafePlace walk that I can remember. I believe it was in the low sixties which walk wise, was perfect. All in all, it was a great time and I have some pictures I took that I promised to email. The kids, I just thought they were cute and I lucked out because when I went to snap another photo, they were no longer holding hands.

I took this on the way home from the walk. It really was a gorgeous day.
I went to my friend Mary's again and I had a great time. I love her house, a lot. I also really love going to her gatherings because there is such an eclectic group in attendance. Everyone is very interesting and kind. Although, two of the gentlemen like to verbally joust each other but you can tell it is in fun. There was a lot of poetry quoted, by both the sober and the loose of tongue. :) While there, Mary's neighbors invited me over to their place and I got to meet their new dog, who they recently adopted. He is very cute and very loved. Anyway, they also have a neat place. It amazes me when people tell me how they installed a tub and did the piping etc..
Mary is a great person and I am thankful for her friendship!


Today I did some work from home and tried to rest as my allergy issues are kicking my bum. I feel drained. I am consistently taking medication and that seems to be helping.

~Elaine

No comments: