Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Soccer Buddy

This is my new buddy Toby. He is about 3 months old and is a Corgi. He is very sweet and likes to hang out at soccer fields and steal other dogs' biscuits and cold melon slices from unsuspecting soccer players. That's just how he rolls. Don't hate him cause he's cute.

I spent last weekend at the fields watching friends playing in the State Cup tournament. How cool is it to watch people you know win the semis in overtime and then go on to the final and win?! Very cool!

So I took a boat load of photos, some with my camera and some with Philip's SLR. Which I reluctantly gave back. (Toby belongs to Philip and Robin, although he wants to live with me.) I had a blast. The only downside was my failure to wear enough sunscreen, let alone a hat. One of my favorite photos from the tournament is the moment right after my friend Robin made the tie breaking goal. You can just see faces of jubilation. It is rare to see pure joy, let alone catch it via your camera. Once you look past the celebration you can see the other team sitting on the field in disappointment. It was a hard fought game. The game was 80 minutes of regular play, then two fifteen minute overtime halves. They then went to kicks on goal. So there was a lot of effort put forth by both sides. Click on the picture to get a better look at the expressions.

Tonight I had the pleasure of dining with my friend Mary and that was really nice. It helps to be able to talk about things with someone and really be able to relate. Plus she shares her wisdom and that is always welcome!

Here is a picture of Jackson's daddy. His dad is sporting an instructional t-shirt regarding the alphabet. The alligator has some aggression issues and is eating the letter A. This picture is really for David so that he can submit it to Threadless, so his will get a discount towards his next purchase. I think it is a fun photo. No shame is his cheesy game! There is a link to Threadless at the bottom of my blog, I believe it is titled cool shirts, visit the site and buy lots of stuff using my link so I can fund my t-shirt expenditures. Plus you will be stylin'.


I am tired and need to head to bed. I will post more in the next day or so.

No comments: