Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ode to Termites

So the last week has been an odd one. It would have been much more stressful if things didn't turn out as they have so far.

While doing some work around the house I came upon evil, evil termites. The good news being that it isn't a major infestation. The not so great news it that termite treatment isn't remotely free. It is funny how you just mention termites to someone and they cringe. Stinky termites!!!

Then I took my car in for an oil change before going to my parents for Easter, where I learned that I need new tires. I had my dad confirm the prognosis and he said yes, I need new tires. I am thankful that I saved my tax return as it has relieved me of some potentially serious stress. Plus the Easter Bunny made a donation towards some new tires, which is awesome!

So all of that seems to be working it self out, which I am very thankful for.

I sent out an email earlier about my niece and my family appreciates all of the prayers and positive thoughts. If you didn't get an email my 16 month old niece had surgery yesterday and there have been complications. She is now in the ICU as she is still having breathing issues. Anyway, prayers are and have been appreciated.

There are a lot of positive things going on too. I have some volunteer things coming up, flockings, walkings, and um, maybe a movie-ing. I have recently joined an indoor soccer team and I am looking into taking a class at ACC. I wanted to take a specific photography course but it wont be at the ACC location by my work until Fall. I am looking into a PhotoShop class so that I don't have to wait until Fall to get enrolled etc. So life is moving forward and that is pretty neat.


Other than that, allergies are kicking my ass. I need to be on allergy meds and I need to not only accept it but actual get a perscription. I have a very scary voice going on right now. People like to mock me about it. :) Thanks. Even with everything going on, the only thing stressful is Elizabeth.

Do you need a new journal? I read about this site a few years in a magazine. The journals make cool gifts and you would be supporting a very small company - a husband and wife. Check out
http://www.bookjournals.com. Also, you can visit my SafePlace site at http://www.austin-safeplace.org/goto/elaine.funk, which is the walking I mentioned earlier. You are very welcome to join me!

I hope to post good news about lil bit Cate soon!


~Elaine

No comments: