Monday, February 19, 2007

Understanding Britney...

I have to admit that over that past couple months there have been brief moments where I have relished the idea of shaving my head. Some due to the weather and the tiny knots that drive me crazy but also the potentially cathartic ties to shaving ones head.

I have always been tempted to shave my head. I just don't want to deal with growing it out. It is the in-between length that is a pain in the ass. Plus, there are few people who look good with a shaved head and I just don't know if I would be one of them.

So, when I read the CNN tag line that Britney had shaved her head and saw her picture I didn't think what a horrible thing. I related with and felt for her. Let her have her breakdown in private. Let her go through the stages with out public scrutiny. I often forget how young she is and when reminded, I question how many of us would even be doing as well as she is, if we were in her shoes. Hell, I know I wouldn't want the public in my personal business, criticizing how I am handling my drama. I don't think trying to focus on handling things with grace can necessarily allow you to actually handle your business, when it takes all you have to cope. Do I think she is handling it in the best way? I have know I idea. All I am saying is I can relate.

No comments: