Thursday, February 8, 2007

So it begins...

I am not sure what the focus of this blog will be. I suspect there may be a lack of focus. :) I hope to have a chance to post information about the different musicians I like and the latest songs etc that I have stumbled across. I am also interested in streaming some of the music but I am not sure if that is possible, so I have some homework to do.

The latest artist that I have come across is Mika. I think if I just heard the song that it may have taken longer for me to like it but the first time I heard the song was when I saw the video. It is very interesting and I like his energy and the little girl in the video too. I am sure that it is on-line and if you are interested take a look at it.

Mika sounds like a few other artists out, he even mentions how he sounds like Freddie (Mercury) in his Grace Kelly song - which is the video I was referring to above. I need to listen the rest of his album to see if it was just that song or if I can confidently recommend his album.

Although, I have a friend of mine that through time we have learned that if we hear something we fundamentally do not like, that there is a very high probability that the other will like it. I have given CDs to Tony that I just found painful. I have thought of him when hearing something, that while the artists are talented, their music just wasn't for me, and he would laugh stating that he already owned some of the band's music or he would look them up on-line to find that I was right - he liked them.

He sooo does not like Ani DiFranco and I finally got him to concede that she is talented but he just doesn't like her voice. That is something that people are not likely to be able to look over. I understand though. Whereas his favorite bands are Tool and Mr Bungle wich on the most part are just too much for me.

As for an album that I would recommend, Ray LaMontange's latest album Till The Sun Turns Black is great. It is more bluesy than his first album and is richer in sound.

No comments: