Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bloggie stuff...

Unfortunately, I have managed to get a shin splint. Of course it happens when I am finally able to make it through an indoor soccer game without feeling like I am about to pass out. Although, I still like to call for a sub before the game starts. Right now I am icing my leg. I just finished icing my shin and now I am icing behind the knee. So I have a bag of ice on my ottoman, my leg propped on top and Maevis is laying next to the bag, apparently she needs to do some icing as well.



Maevis hangs out with her new friend Gnomie because he is a good listener and trustworthy.


This past long weekend was very busy on some days and rather slow on others. I wish I had been more productive at home but I had fun and was quasi productive. I went and saw The Waitress, a cute movie that also has some sadness to it too. Stacy and I went and saw that in the knowledge that trying to see the pirate movie, part bazillion, would be a bit crazy. The fact that the theatre was practically full for our movie let us know that we were not only right but that we weren't the only ones who were willing to wait to see the latest blockbuster. Frankly, I would like to see it with a group of friends or wait to rent it. There are a few indie movies that I am more interested in and will go see them instead if it isn't a group outing.

On Saturday night Cobi was kind enough to go run amuck with me to Stubb's where KGSR was having their t-shirt party/free concert. Carolyn Wonderland and Papa Mali were the two performers I had a field day taking photos and I was thankful that Cobi was happy to shake her groove thang while I went up to the front and blinded the performers with my camera. Not only did we have dinner there but in between Papa Mali's two sets we went and split a dessert - yum!



I enjoy taking photos and playing with the lighting, that may annoy some people but I like it. Click the pics to see larger versions of the photos.


The pedi-cab guy was nice enough to peddle around so that I could take a second shot but I ended up liking the funky one, which is the one I posted. Click on the pic to see the passenger.


So on Sunday I went and saw the closing performance of Marsha's play, which she wrote and starred in at the Scott Rite Children's Theatre. Also, Andrea was the director. :) Anyway, I liked it a lot and so did the theatre full of kids. Plus Marsha's dress was cool and probably just what ever little girl who wants to be a princess would want to wear. I also got a fun shot of Jackson while hanging out with him and his momma. Is that last sentence grammatically correct? So how cute is he?!!!!



So I know I have been slacking in the blog department I will try to be better about it. I know I write vague descriptions of musicians I like and I will try to do a better job. I have a lot of new artists I would like to share about. I wish I could have a way to play music via this blog. Maybe there is a way to add it or I may eventually be motivated to switch to another blog service.

I suspect I will blog in the next day or so as I feel like I am forgetting something. I just remembered...Monday I went to a BBQ at Sarah and Mitch's. I have more pictures but that will be for the next entry. :)

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Elaine, you are getting quite good at your photo composition. I think you have a real talent for it and this should definitely be pursued! Especially since you enjoy it so much. Kudos!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Funk, I really enjoyed the pics in this weeks posting. Especially the one of the guy with the dreadlocks. It really reflects his passion for music. I look forward to the next blog.

Anonymous said...

maevis and her gnomie .. cute :)

Anonymous said...

Got Blog???? Anxiously awaiting this weeks adventures. :o)