Thursday, May 17, 2007

7 Random Facts About Me!

Marsha tagged me with the below...

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. When I was in elementary school my parents let me bring home a baby chicken from school. The chick had been incubated and hatched in the school library. The boy who originally took the chicken home had failed to get permission from his father so he had to return it. The chicken was a burnt red color, the same color of my older brother's hair at the time, so it used to nest in his hair. We didn't have the chicken as long as we would have liked as Thumper, our rabbit, ended up attacking the chicken. Legend has it that at the end of the epic battle Thumper was heard to have said, "There can be only one." Fortunately, I didn't see the incident as I was visiting my mother for the summer.

2. When I was little, the family rabbit Little Berries, died. I was about three at the time and according to my sister, I would walk up to strangers and tell them how my yabbit died. My sister said I milked it, I say it was part of my healing process.

3. I really love the guitar but I believe that my favorite instrument is the tabla. I love how it sounds and what it can add to a song.

4. My favorite sport in high school was the discus.

5. I watch the UFC. Most people who know me find it surprising but what interests me is the skill level and the fast thinking. If is gets bloody I have too look away or turn the channel.

6. I get an adrenaline rush from great music. Music is one of my favorite things.

7. When we moved to Japan my parents signed us up for activities coordinated through the base's Youth Center. I was signed up for bowling, which I had never experienced before. The bowling alley didn't have shoes for kids so we had to bowl in our socks. I swung the ball out towards the pins and proceeded to fly backwards as the weight of the ball set me off balance and having no shoes to grip the floor with, I ended up landing flat on my back. The ball proceeded to go above me and then landed on my right hand, splitting and breaking my finger. I remember that I was dripping blood on the bowling alley floor. I ended up a having my finger splinted and three of them taped together, due to the ball's impact on my hand. That was the end of my foree into bowling. My parents had to enroll me in a new class, so they put my in an arts and crafts class. I can still vividly remember sitting in at a table trying to use scissors with my left hand and finding my situation rather pathetic. That is when I experienced my first earth quake. :)

So those are more like random stories with facts but there you go!

No comments: